Friday, April 17, 2009

ButterYum's Juiciest Oven Roasted Chicken Ever & Chicken Stock


I've always wanted to make my own stocks but was a little intimidated about doing so. That was before I read ButterYum's posts on it. She made it sound so easy.

The first step for me was to make her "juiciest oven roasted chicken ever"
If you don't feel like baking your own chicken, pick up a roasted chicken at your local store to feed your family with and use the left over carcase from it.



Both recipes were easy to make and the house smelled wonderful.

I've used the stock to make soup and chicken pot pie and Wow! There is a big difference between homemade stock and store bought. Thanks for the encouragement to make my own ButterYum!

I removed most but not all of the fat before storing the stock. (I left about 1/3 of the fat.) I've stored the rest of the fat to use later. Nothing makes food taste better than a little fat. :-)

Please visit ButterYum's site for the recipes. (Take a look at some of her other recipes, too, not to mention her beautiful photos)

Try it. You'll like it. :-)

Other websites on making stocks to check out:






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I've been searching everywhere for a good chicken stock recipe.

    ReplyDelete