Friday, November 26, 2010

How to travel with deviled eggs

I inwardly cringed when asked to bring deviled eggs to Thanksgiving dinner this year. Visions of the last time Speed Racer (aka:best husband) and I traveled with deviled eggs popped into my head.


Thankfully, the Internet is full of wonderful ideas like this one. Save and wash Styrofoam egg cartons. Line them with lettuce, spinach or other greenery. When making your deviled eggs, cut them across the middle (instead of end to end) so they will sit back in the egg carton. Fill the eggs, close your container and you are ready to travel.


When we arrived on site, we cut the top and flap off the carton and put frilly tooth picks in each egg for easy serving. Now that's the way to travel with deviled eggs! Yay!!!

Other sites to check out:

http://chickensintheroad.com/farm-bell-recipes/fun-way-to-transport-and-serve-deviled-eggs
http://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/making-perfect-deviled-eggs

5 comments:

  1. :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Hi Tammy, So happy to see you back!!!

    This really is a great idea. Don't stay away so long next time.

    :)
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea. I might have to make deviled eggs for our Christmas Eve Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for Easter time...I've missed your posts! I hope everything is alright... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. going to try this for SuperBowl this Sunday.. very creative thanks for the idea!!! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I tried it today and it was so easy. I used the frilly toothpicks to transport eggs to a pretty platter though.

    ReplyDelete